Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralFile import Sql Query connectionFile import Sql Query connection
Previous

Next
New Post
5/22/2015 3:17 AM

Hi,

There does not seem to be a connection setting when using the File Import action with a Sql Query as the destination.

Anyone know how to set the connection so I can import to a different database ?

Thanks

Tony

New Post
5/22/2015 2:48 PM

Hi Tony

Could you upload to a table in your dnn database and then use another query/stored procedure to update the remote db?

Barry

New Post
5/29/2015 4:34 AM

Hi Barry,

I am currently doing that but I like to keep my application data in a separate database to my DNN site database. 

Regards

Tony

New Post
5/29/2015 7:13 AM

Ah, ok then, there's a 'Destination' box at the bottom of the page, does that work for this?  

Or, slightly flippantly, can you use a temporary table for the import so that it only stays on your DB for a minimum time?  After all, you're loading the file up to somewhere in the site?

Failing that, can you use a {subquery} with connection string as defined here: http://openwebstudio.com/Community/Content/tabid/113/topic/Token_Subquery/Default.aspx ?

New Post
5/29/2015 7:23 AM

Hi Barry,

I had tried the destination box but unfortunately it did not work. I don't think it is even meant for this purpose.

The import table cannot be temporary either as we want to keep the imported data.

I could create a temporary table in DNN and transfer the data into a copy of the table in my app database and then remove the temp table but that just complicates things. I like to keep things simple, stops me making too many mistakes ;-)

Regards

Tony

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralFile import Sql Query connectionFile import Sql Query connection

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share