Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralMultiple ows.fetch calls conflictMultiple ows.fetch calls conflict
Previous

Next
New Post
5/22/2016 5:28 AM

Hi All,
I'm having problems with multiple ows.fetch calls where a second ows.fetch starts before the first one finishes. what happens is that one of the calls doesn't respond.  The thread below discusses the issue in more detail but i found that it didn't resolve my problem.

http://openwebstudio.com/Community/Forums/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/26846/scope/posts/Default.aspx

What i have is 2 div elements that I want to refresh at 2 different time intervals (using the same OWS module). Lets say, one at 20 second intervals and the other at 60 second intervals.  To do this I use the javascript "settimeout" to call ows.fetch at those intervals passing in the div element ID as the 4th parameter.  But eventually, the 2 calls overlap in their timing which causes the problem.  

What would be really handy is if I could "single stream" the ows.Fetch calls effectively making them synchronous instead of async calls.  Does anyone know if ows.fetch calls can be made synchronous similar to the way JQuery Ajax calls can be set to async=false?

Thanks
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralMultiple ows.fetch calls conflictMultiple ows.fetch calls conflict

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share