Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralKevin, please migrate OWS on github. Don't let die.Kevin, please migrate OWS on github. Don't let die.
Previous

Next
New Post
5/17/2017 8:16 PM

Hi Kevin, A developer on the team where I work has integrated Code Mirror and Emmet into OWS (2). Because this improves the development experience in the module, we want to share his work and submitted a pull request to your github repository for OWS. https://github.com/kevinmschreiner/OpenWebStudio/pull/1 If you don't intend on reviewing pull requests on github, please let us know so we can create a new github repository with the source code + ammendments. thanks!
New Post
7/22/2017 1:01 PM

Awesome, I'll check it out

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
New Post
11/10/2017 5:53 AM

Whatever happened to this?

I just checked https://github.com/kevinmschreiner/Op... and there are no releases.

I still use OWS and would like to see it continue on some level.

Thanks for anyone who knows that can tell me.

New Post
11/14/2017 2:34 AM

ken.stessens wrote: (in another thread)

Personally, OWS is the one and only reason to use the DNN platform. I noticed some initiatives to make OWS survive, but I'm just an OWS end user and I have the impression that OWS will rather become a developers' toy then an end users' tool. This is no offence whatsoever, it just reflects my programming skills.

I'm afraid that this is true for me too.

OWS/DNN is, hands down, the most useful tool I've ever used.  I'm too old to learn .net, c#, and the underpinnings of the DNN framework.  There are a couple of things that would make OWS complete for me and I'd happily pay towards their development as I wouldn't be able to make those changes myself.

New Post
11/14/2017 9:51 AM

I'm just like Barry, too old to learn .net, c#, etc

I have been using OWS for years and with it, I can achieve 99.9% of everything my clients ask me to do. It has enabled me to build some great websites including ecommerce sites that process millions of pounds of sales each year

So I too will happily pay someone to keep it alive and increase its functionality

Tony

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralKevin, please migrate OWS on github. Don't let die.Kevin, please migrate OWS on github. Don't let die.

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share