Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralWeb Service Call IssueWeb Service Call Issue
Previous

Next
New Post
1/18/2018 12:59 PM

I am using "input" to return a value from a web service and it works fine on our test server, but returns the following message on our production server:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address)
   at r2i.OWS.Actions.InputAction.Handle_Action(RuntimeBase& Caller, DataSet& sharedds, MessageActionItem& act, ActionExecutionResult& previous, Debugger& Debugger)

The only difference between the two servers is that DNN 5.5.1 / OWS 2.1.9 is on the production server and DNN 6.2.6 / OWS 2.2.5 is on the test server.   Also, I'm using the same code for both environments.  Is this a TLS issue between OWS versions?    I made the same web service call using javascript and that seems to work in both environments.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

New Post
2/2/2018 3:21 AM

Hi,

It is probably a TLS issue. Your production server probably has TLS 1.0 enabled and that is being used. 

The remote server is rejecting it because it does not support TLS 1.0

Check the .NET framework versions between your test and production servers. I think older versions default to TLS 1.0 and newer versions try the highest TLS option first

Regards

Tony

New Post
3/28/2018 2:37 AM

Hi All,

Further to this TLS issue I found that you need to 

1. Make sure your .NET framework is at least 4.6.1, mine is at 4.7.1

2. I also added the dll from this place. https://github.com/davidjrh/dnn.tls12

Just updating the framework did not seem to resolve the issue, at least not with OWS

Regards

Tony

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralWeb Service Call IssueWeb Service Call Issue

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share