Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOpenWebStudio 02.03.00 (ALPHA) is available!OpenWebStudio 02.03.00 (ALPHA) is available!
Previous

Next
New Post
5/29/2018 8:35 PM

This is an alpha build and not every aspect has been fully tested. 

The new release maps functionality for DNN9 support, and fixes a few issues along the way. Primarily - the AppSetting for the connection string is no longer necessary. The build requires Full Trust at present, so please make sure that the web.config is configured properly. Additionally - DNN9 no longer contains the SharpZipLib, which OpenWebStudio uses. This has been included in the package by default.

Please install this in a development environment until you are certain there are no issues. Please update this forum if there ARE any issues!

Finally - OWS was migrated to github back in 2013. The latest code branch is present there, and will continue to be supported in that location. The SourceForge location will contain only release packages from now on.

Now - go grab a copy!

r2i.OpenWebStudio_DotNetNuke_2.3.00.0_Install.ALPHA.zip (SourceForge)

or

GitHub/OpenWebStudio/releases/tag/02....

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
5/31/2018 7:20 AM

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to say I have found a little bug

I use OWS to log users in and in testing the alpha version with my Login code I am getting a -2 (Bad password) error, even though the login was actually successful

I know the user has logged in as I take them to a page that only Registered user have access to. The code I am using is used on other sites so I know the problem is not with the code

I have set Trusted level to Full

Any ideas

Thanks

Tony

New Post
5/31/2018 9:33 AM

Can you email me a simple configuration for testing that out? I'd like to walk through the back end code to see where it is failing. You can email that to me directly, or just attach it.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
6/1/2018 7:14 AM

Hi Kevin,

I got an error when trying to upload the configuration file so I have emailed it to you directly

Tony

New Post
6/1/2018 7:55 AM

Kevin, this is great news! I have literally hundreds of OWS modules driving multiple websites and when I recently attempted an upgrade to DNN 9.2, it broke the site. As you probably know, 9.2 removed many deprecated functions and that completely broke OWS. Has your alpha release been tested with DNN 9.2? So glad to hear that OWS is still alive! I was very concerned that I was either going to have to abandon OWS, which would be extremely painful at this point, or I was locked forever into DNN 9.1.

Rob

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOpenWebStudio 02.03.00 (ALPHA) is available!OpenWebStudio 02.03.00 (ALPHA) is available!

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share