Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralExtending OWS to get at the Request.BodyExtending OWS to get at the Request.Body
Previous

Next
New Post
8/9/2018 4:05 AM

Hi All,

I have asked the question before about getting at the Body of a Request. This is because I need to be able to receive json that will be posted to my endpoint. The json is not assigned to any Form variable. This sort of thing seems to happen a lot with REST apis, especially when dealing with webhooks from payment processers and transacitonal email services

Unfortunatly there does not seem to be any way to achieve this in OWS at the moment. So I'm thinking of having an external plugin to do this.

A quick google shows code snippets like this where the body is read using Request,InoutStream

Dim strJSON = [String].Empty
context.Request.InputStream.Position = 0
Using inputStream = New StreamReader(context.Request.InputStream)
    strJSON = inputStream.ReadToEnd()
End Using

I am not a .NET developer so creating DLL's is beyond me. I can create a asp.net script page but how would I reference that in OWS

Any help is greatly apprfeciated

Tony

New Post
8/27/2018 7:01 PM

I've sent along a link to a test build for you to try out which should resolve this need. Let me know if it works out and I'll release it in the public build.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
12/7/2018 4:16 AM

The answers are so simple when you get them....Thanks Kevin

If you want to get the body of a request you just use

[Request,System]

I feel like an idiot now

Shows just how great OWS is

Tony

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralExtending OWS to get at the Request.BodyExtending OWS to get at the Request.Body

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share