Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAction Input failes intermittentlyAction Input failes intermittently
Previous

Next
New Post
11/16/2009 10:09 AM

I built a module that uses the Action Input method of OWS to retrieve data from a 3rd party web servcie. After recieving data I'm testing for any errors like the example below.

IF [COALESCE,inputResult,Action,"Empty",Text] = Empty OR [COALESCE,inputResult,Action,{CONTAINS:Exception}] = True
Assignment: Action ErrorMsg = [inputResult,Action]

On occasion (intermittently) I'm seeing no response from the Input. Meaning the IF statement never catches "Empty" or "True". Could the Input fail and prevent the rest of the code from executing?

P.S. I've also used WireShark to capture the packets when it occurs and the response from the web service looks correct. And if I change the URL to a bad destination the IF statement catches the web exception, as it should.

Thanks for reading!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAction Input failes intermittentlyAction Input failes intermittently

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share