Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOWS errors in keeping correct [PORTALID,System]OWS errors in keeping correct [PORTALID,System]
Previous

Next
New Post
1/17/2012 10:15 AM

Hi, we are working on DNN 06/01/02, running OWS version 2.2.4 on a webfarm, with child portals. When we are using query templates, and trying to bring back the system variable [PORTALID,System], the system sometimes brings back the correct Portal ID of the Portal we are using, but many times its just bringing back 0, or the main PortalID. The correct PortalID does seem to come back in other areas of OWS, but in the query template, it's "losing" that connection for whatever reason. then all of a sudden it will just start working again.

Has anyone every reported issues like this, and if so, what was the resolution?

Thx. Todd

New Post
1/17/2012 10:23 AM

I've run across something that sounds related.  Maybe it will help: it seems that on an Ajax callback, [PortalID,System] (and also [FORMAT,,{CanEdit}] for that matter) return incorrect values.  PortalID always returns 0 and the CanEdit always returns False in an Ajax call in OWS.

Because these values are correct on page load I've begun storing these values in Session values on page load (I made the assignments children of a Region that executes only on PageLoad) and then I reference the values stored in the session values throughout the script.

New Post
2/16/2012 1:29 PM

Here is some more information on this issue.  This is happening only on AJAX call and only for a child portal.  Here is the scenario. 

I have two portals one with URL abc.com (let's say portalid 0) and the other with URL abc.com/test.(portalid 1).  If the second portal with ID 1 is created as a child portal (subfolder called test under the main portal with just one file Default.aspx), then on the second portal on Page load the value of variable [PORTALID,System] is 1 but it is 0 for AJAX call. 

However if I create the second portal as a virtual directory called "test" under the main web site that points to "abc.com", then on the second portal, the variable [PORTALID,System] returns 1 on both Page load and AJAX calls.  This seems like a bug in OWS where it is dropping the part after the "/" in the child portal URL when making an AJAX call and hence finding the portalid of the parent. 

Can you please confirm if you can recreate it and if this can be resolved quickly as child portals are part of Core DNN functionality.  I understand that saving the value in Session on Page Load is a workaround but that does  not address the main issue where incorrect portalID is returned on AJAX call.

Thanks

New Post
2/24/2012 12:03 PM

Can someone from R2i please look into this and confirm if this is indeed a bug? Thanks
New Post
6/21/2013 6:37 AM

I ran into this problem as well. 

We have a dozen child portals, and non-host users are always logged out upon an AJAX call on a child portal. The work around is moving all OWS configurations onto the parent portal but then you run into security and management concerns where the parents portal have different sets of Admins and user roles than each child portal.

I really appreciate it if anyone from r2i can look into this. 

DNN 06.02.05 (24)

.NET 4.0

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOWS errors in keeping correct [PORTALID,System]OWS errors in keeping correct [PORTALID,System]

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share