Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAction Input - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server ErrorAction Input - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Previous

Next
New Post
12/9/2012 11:02 PM

maybe I've been asking the wrong question.. So I'll try in a different way. When I call a SOAP based web service using an "Input" Action and the web service returns a HTTP 500 error, is there any way to get the Payload returned in the response variable of the Input action.

If you look at the Screenshot from the SoapUI utility you can see that this particular web service returns a payload even though the HTTP response is 500. Currently, I get a .net error returned in the response variable.
New Post
12/23/2012 4:36 PM

seems like I'm talking to myself in these forums again. If anyone is monitoring these then I'd like to get some sort of resolution to this thread. As stated above I want to know if the Action:Input can deliver the payload of a web service request even though there is a HTTP error 500 returned by the server. I know the payload is returned cause the utility SOAP UI clearly displays the payload even though there is a HTTP 500.

Failing that then is it possible to at least trap an error from the Action:Input. Something similar to the "isSuccessful.Action" from a query

I don't think its asking too much to be able to detect and handle errors in an OWS config. Cheers
New Post
1/25/2013 8:14 PM

really trying my best here to stay enthused about OWS. Any ideas on this thread?
New Post
1/30/2014 4:30 PM

Hi Kevin, thought I'd re-open an old thread where an input action returns a HTTP 500 error. You can read the contents of this thread to get a better idea of whats going on but basically, i'm trying to extract the actual response from the input action (which is a well formed XML message) but the server is returning a HTTP 500 which means that OWS never returns the resulting response. Is there any way that OWS can return the response even though there was a HTTP error. I can see it when using SOAPUI so i know its there. cheers
New Post
1/31/2014 5:35 AM

I didnt see this thread until now, so sorry I havent responded! I think r2i refuses to participate in the open forum at all (useless...) Anyway - I'll take a look and see what can be done. I believe the issue here is that OWS is using the WebClient object from .net to handle the request. When the webclient throws the exception, it isnt returning the data at all and therefore it simply is not available. I'll see if I can adjust this to use the HttpWebRequest object instead and attempt to pilfer the response after the exception is handled.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAction Input - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server ErrorAction Input - The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share