Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralContact Form Submission using OWSContact Form Submission using OWS
Previous

Next
New Post
6/18/2014 7:22 AM

I'm developing a simple contact form submission using OWS but is not function as I expected.

I'm using following logic :

1. Display the submission form (using No Query Template)

2. When user hit [SUBMIT] button, it triggers script ows.Fetch and passing all value as querystring.

3. Assign variabe from querystring

4. Add logic control IF '[@frmAction,variable]' = 'Submit' then execute Email actions

5. If not, it will display the form as usual

I set debug mode ON to all users, but so far no debug log shows.

Am I missing something ?

Apologize for my bad english

New Post
6/18/2014 8:45 AM

Lets see - the logic seems sound, however - #2 - you dont need to assign your parameters into the querystring because if they are already present in the form they will be passed to the server by name. #3 - you can assign off the form instead. #4 - if you are performing an OWS.fetch, are you aborting the post? OWS.fetch would be an ajax request, while frmAction from the Form sounds like a Post submit button. If thats the case, the frmAction value wouldnt be Submit, if the ajax was the actual request. The easiest way of handling this would be to have the Save button simply execute the ows.Fetch. In the querystring variables, just send one like 'action=save'. Then check the incoming request for '[action,querystring]'='save' and perform your steps for saving.

If you need further assistance, can you supply the configuration here?

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
6/18/2014 5:14 PM

You are right, I'm using [@frmAction,variable] not [frmAction,post], will correct my question above.

I'm using ows..Fetch because initially there is something I would like to check using javascript

Please find the configuration below : ( cannot attach the file it says "An error has occurred, Error : is currently unavailable")

{"Name":"Email Form","ConfigurationID":"14030662-1891-41ba-aa28-b14769c7ee5c","searchItems":[],"queryItems":[],"listItems":[],"messageItems":[{"Index":1,"Level":0,"Parameters":{"Name":"OnRender","RenderType":"0","skipDebug":"False","includeSearch":"False","includeExport":"False","includeImport":"False"},"ActionType":"Action-Region","ChildActions":[{"Index":2,"Level":0,"Parameters":{"LeftCondition":"'[frmAction,form]'","RightCondition":"'ContactSales'","Operator":"=","IsAdvanced":"False"},"ActionType":"Condition-If","ChildActions":[{"Index":3,"Level":0,"Parameters":{"Type":"Detail-NoQuery","GroupStatement":"","GroupIndex":"","Value":"<div class=\"alert alert-error alert-block fade in\">\n  <button type=\"button\" class=\"close\" data-dismiss=\"alert\">&times;</button>\n  <strong>Email sent</strong> Our sales representative will contact you shortly. Thank you for interest in our solutions.<br/>\n\t[@frmAction,variable]\n</div>","Connection":"","Filter":"","CacheTime":"","CacheName":"","CacheShared":"false"},"ActionType":"Template","ChildActions":[]},{"Index":4,"Level":0,"Parameters":{"From":"[PortalSettings.Email,System]","To":"","Cc":"","Bcc":"email@company.com","Format":"html","Subject":"Sales Contact Submission","Body":"Email Submission from [frmName,Form] ( [frmCompany,Form]) with email [frmEmail,Form] <br/>\nMessage : <br/><br/> [frmMessage,Form]","ResultVariableType":"&lt;Session&gt;","ResultVariableName":"","SMTPServer":"","SMTPUsername":"","SMTPPassword":"","SMTPAuthType":"","SMTPSSL":"false"},"ActionType":"Action-Email","ChildActions":[]}]},{"Index":5,"Level":0,"Parameters":{},"ActionType":"Condition-Else","ChildActions":[{"Index":6,"Level":0,"Parameters":{"Type":"Detail-NoQuery","GroupStatement":"","GroupIndex":"","Value":"\n<h3 class=\"lighter_title\">Contact Form</h3>\n\n\n<div class=\"form_style\">\n<div class=\"input_style\">\n<p>Name<span>*</span></p>\n<input type=\"text\" name=\"frmName\"/>\n</div>\n<div class=\"input_style\">\n<p>Email Address<span>*</span></p>\n<input type=\"text\" name=\"frmEmail\"/>\n</div>\n<div class=\"input_style\">\n<p>Company</p>\n<input type=\"text\" name=\"frmCompany\"/>\n</div>\n<div class=\"textarea_style \">\n<p>Message<span>*</span></p>\n<textarea type=\"text\" name=\"frmMessage\"></textarea>\n</div>\n\n<button class=\"btn btn-small btn-primary\" type=\"button\" value=\"ContactSales\" name=\"frmAction\">Submit</button>\n\n\n\n</div>","Connection":"","Filter":"","CacheTime":"","CacheName":"","CacheShared":"false"},"ActionType":"Template","ChildActions":[]}]}]}],"recordsPerPage":"0","noOWSCreate":"false","enableAlphaFilter":"false","enablePageSelection":"false","enableRecordsPerPage":"false","enableCustomPaging":"false","enableExcelExport":false,"enableHide_OnNoQuery":false,"enableHide_OnNoResults":false,"enableAdvancedParsing":true,"enableCompoundIIFConditions":"true","enableQueryDebug":"true","enableQueryDebug_Edit":"false","enableQueryDebug_Admin":"false","enableQueryDebug_Super":"false","enableQueryDebug_Log":false,"enableQueryDebug_ErrorLog":false,"autoRefreshInterval":"","skipRedirectActions":"false","skipSubqueryDebugging":"false","enableAdmin_Edit":true,"enableAdmin_Admin":false,"enableAdmin_Super":false,"BotRecordCount":0,"BotPageVariableName":null,"enableBotShowAllRecords":false,"enableBotDetection":false,"BotNonAjaxText":null,"disableOpenScript":false,"enableSilverlight":false,"enableAJAX":"false","enableAJAXPaging":"false","enableAJAXCustomPaging":"false","enableAJAXCustomStatus":"false","enableAJAXPageHistory":"false","customAJAXPageHistory":"","enableAJAXManual":"false","includeJavascriptUtilities":"false","includeJavascriptValidation":"false","javascriptInclude":[],"javascriptOnComplete":"","enableMultipleColumnSorting":"false","ModuleCommunicationMessageType":"","showAll":"true","useExplicitSystemVariables":"false","enabledForcedQuerySplit":"false","query":"","filter":"","customConnection":"","listItem":"","listAItem":"","defaultItem":"","noqueryItem":"","SearchQuery":"","SearchTitle":"","SearchLink":"","SearchAuthor":"","SearchDate":"","SearchKey":"","SearchContent":"","SearchDescription":"","Header":null,"Footer":null,"Title":null,"Version":"20","Index":"Email Form"}

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralContact Form Submission using OWSContact Form Submission using OWS

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share