Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralUpdate Password Issue in OWS 2.2.21 and DNN 07.04Update Password Issue in OWS 2.2.21 and DNN 07.04
Previous

Next
New Post
4/2/2015 12:22 AM

I am Using a OWS Version 2.2.21 With DNN 0.7.04 Version.I am Using <UserInfo> Variable Type and Name Password for updating the password of user.But Password is not updated because it shows a error message:

Password Assignment Failed:System.NotSupportedException:This Membership Provider has not been configures to support password retrieval at system.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.GetPassword(String username,String PasswordAnswer) at Dotnetnuke.Security.Membership.AspNetMembershipProvider.Change Password(UserInfo user,string oldpassword,string newpassword) at DotnetNuke.Entities.Users.UserController ChangePassword (UserInfo user,string oldpassword,string new password) at r2i.OWS.Actions.AssignmentAction.Handle_Assignement(Runtime &caller,String strAction,String strName,String strvalue,Int32 iAssignmentType,Debugger &Debugger).

New Post
4/2/2015 7:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up - I'll patch and release.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
1 Reports 
New Post
7/5/2015 10:00 PM

Was there a release for this?

I'm getting the same error and need to sort it as forcing users to reset passwords too.

Is there a way to set Update Password to False with UserInfo?

Thanks

New Post
8/26/2015 10:50 PM

Just following this up as starting to be a problem. Is there a fix for it? Thanks
New Post
7/28/2016 9:13 AM

Was this ever patched? I have a client who just got around to upgrading now they can't change their passwords. Thanks!
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralUpdate Password Issue in OWS 2.2.21 and DNN 07.04Update Password Issue in OWS 2.2.21 and DNN 07.04

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share