Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAnyone connecting to a remote MySQL DB?Anyone connecting to a remote MySQL DB?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/9/2015 5:45 PM

I am trying to connect to a remote MySQL database and am not having any luck.  I have tried the connection string in the OWS docs, and a connection string I found online, and neither are working.  I was able to connect to the same db using RazorSQL and Sequel Pro so I know my credentials are right.  Anyone doing this with success?

New Post
4/11/2015 2:07 PM

Ok, I was able to setup an ODBC connection on the server to the MySQL Database but I can't get OWS connected to it. Any ideas on the connection string I need to use?
New Post
5/18/2015 12:29 PM

Hi, this works perfect for me: 

Custom Connection field: "Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; Server=xxx; Database=xxx; User=xxx; Password=xxx; Option=3;" />

You need to make sure that the "Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}" is set correctly, you may need to ask your hosting company for the exact driver reference.

Good luck! Ken

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralAnyone connecting to a remote MySQL DB?Anyone connecting to a remote MySQL DB?

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share