Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralTEXTEDITOR Problems with OWS 2.2.21.0 on DNN 7.3.4TEXTEDITOR Problems with OWS 2.2.21.0 on DNN 7.3.4
Previous

Next
New Post
4/12/2015 8:55 AM

Hi Kevin,

I'm running a new install of DNN 7.3.4 with OWS 2.2.21.0_Professional.RAD_RICHTEXTEDITOR and I'm having trouble getting the TEXTEDITOR token to render.  The default DotNetNuke.RadEditorProvider has not been altered after install.

When I replace a working textarea with TEXTEDITOR I get the following UI Render error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.SerializeClientVariableDictionary(Page objPage, Dictionary`2 objDict) at DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.RegisterClientVariable(Page objPage, String strVar, String strValue, Boolean blnOverwrite) at r2i.OWS.Wrapper.DNN.Extensions.Professional.Renderers.RenderTextEditor.Handle_Render(EngineBase& Caller, Int32 Index, String& Source, DataSet& DS, DataRow& DR, SortedList`2& RuntimeMessages, Boolean NullReturn, Boolean NullOverride, Boolean ProtectSession, String SessionDelimiter, Boolean useSessionQuotes, Boolean useAggregations, String& FilterText, String& FilterField, Debugger& Debugger)

Here is how my TEXTEDITOR token is formatted:

{TEXTEDITOR,frmDescription,Description,,100%,500}

Data for the Description column is avaialble and populates correctly in a textarea with:

(textarea id="frmDescription" name="frmDescription")[Description](/textarea)

Any thoughts?

New Post
9/30/2015 7:26 AM

Did you ever find a solution to this?
New Post
2/20/2016 7:14 AM

I'm facing same problem in DNN 7.3.4 & 8.0.0 both versions.

Please review below screen shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1xit5nuktfox6r/2016-02-20%2020_42_30-Manage%20KB%20Article.jpg?dl=0 

New Post
2/20/2016 11:00 AM

The TEXEDITOR token has been a problem for many years. It simply does not work and there is no guidance as to how to make it work with either of the OWS versions available for download. As far as I am concerned it should not even be included in OWS syntax as part of the application's elements. if you need a WYSYWIG text box, you can use virtually any javascript based text editor. You just have to employ the correct Javascript. I went through hell a few months ago trying to get a working text box, finally abandoned the TEXTEDITOR token and constructed a JS solution using TinyMCE, with the he help of a few responses on this forum. I experimented with CKEditor and RAD editor and got both to work. I just settled on TinyMCE - Not sure exactly why at this point. In my application I did not need to access the file system which made it much easier. I will post my TinyMCE script later, don't have time now.
New Post
2/20/2016 6:57 PM

For a working implementation of a WYSIWYG text editor in an OWS module (using TinyMCE ) see this site

http://indrc.us (its there for my testing purposes so you cannot do any damage)

login: Random, PW: testuser.  On the menu under "FORMS" choose "FAQ List."  On the list that displays, choose an edit icon on the left column.  The site is running DNN ver 7.4 and OWS 2.2.21 RAD EDITOR.  The site is strictly for my testing so some of the entries may have no data, there may be dead links, etc, and the styling is not always great.

For greater control over styling and the buttons on the toolbar, etc, a configuration file is needed but the documentation is all on the TinyMCE website. 

At some point I will post a version that uses CKEditor - not really interested in using RadEditor.  I will also post sample OWS configs for each method.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralTEXTEDITOR Problems with OWS 2.2.21.0 on DNN 7.3.4TEXTEDITOR Problems with OWS 2.2.21.0 on DNN 7.3.4

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share