Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOpenWebStudio_Log grows for everOpenWebStudio_Log grows for ever
Previous

Next
New Post
9/8/2015 3:27 PM

When I went to look at the size of my DNN backup the database was  6+GB.  Looking at the takes OpenWebStudio_Log was over 5 GB.

Tools => Events=> Clear All doesn't to clear it.  I am running the latest version, but think that this "feature" may have been around a long time.

I am about to put my backup on my localhost for some testing and do a "truncate table OpenWebStudio_Log;"  Then I'll test and see if OWS complains.

Any better suggestions?

I eliminated all junk configurations and done a "clear" on the repositories.  I only have about 20 OWS modules yet I have 539 rows and 707480KB used.  I wonder if they are really being cleared as well!

New Post
9/9/2015 6:43 AM

Sounds like you have Debugging enabled on your configurations. First things first - turn that off! It's going to continue to grow you logs at the wazoo :)

Second - to clear everything in the log, you can execute the following line in the SQL interface

Truncate table Openwebstudio_Log

Cheers!

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
9/11/2015 6:15 AM

We have a nightly SQL agent that does 2 things: - deletes everything from OpenWebStudio_Log that is more than a day old - updates OpenWebStudio_Settings to disable general debugging (all users) on configurations unless we have also set the debugging to "edit users" (we don't have any editors, just super users and read-only users). this allows us to turn on debugging on a module for users quickly to find a bug, then not worry about turning it off after fixing the code.
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralOpenWebStudio_Log grows for everOpenWebStudio_Log grows for ever

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share