i have all my sites moved to azure.
Most of them work with OWS.
Also i had a project with my client. we moved a shop system to azure.
Here are some information:
Best bet for you is:
- install DNN at localhost
- then you have some options to upload your solution
3. SQLAzure Migration Tool
I would recommend https://sqlazuremw.codeplex.com/ for your SQL migration and update.
There are some limitations when using azure.
You can transfer data to Microsoft Azure SQL Database by using the following:
· SQL Server 2008 Integration Services (SSIS)
· The bulk copy utility (BCP.exe)
· System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy class
· Scripts that use INSERT statements to load data into the database
Microsoft Azure SQL Database does not support:
· The RESTORE statement.
· Attaching a database to the Azure SQL Database server.
· Microsoft Azure SQL Database does not support SQL Server Agent or jobs. You can, however, run SQL Server Agent on your on-premise SQL Server and connect to Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
· Microsoft Azure SQL Database does not support distributed transactions, which are transactions that affect several resources