Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralGenerating a confirmation message after SQL operationGenerating a confirmation message after SQL operation
Previous

Next
New Post
10/12/2015 8:48 AM

I am beginning to think that I may be the last sole survivor of folks who read or comment on this forum.  Did everybody get absorbed by ISIS or the Taliban?

Just in case: I am trying to generate a javascript alert message after a successful dataase operation (Inert, Update, etc.)  I don't know what the event is that can trigger the script.  In the very, very off chance that anyone reads this and can respond, hearty thanks in advance.

New Post
10/12/2015 9:51 AM

"Luke,....you are not alone" ;)

After insert / update you have to provide a returnvalue within your SQL insert / update script.

BEGIN

declare @returnvalue nvarchar(255)

update table

set column = '...'

where "x" = "x"

select @returnvalue = "all went fine"

END

then place your javascript in footer template so that it will be executed.

@returnvalue will be your message

hope that point you in the right direction

cheers, Richard

New Post
10/12/2015 9:55 AM

Also still here. When we run a SQL query within a ows config (not a template query), we return a value from the query and use it to set an Action variable with a html banner element set to only be visible when the Action variable is set to the expected value. It's not a javascript alert, but a little more subtle.
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralGenerating a confirmation message after SQL operationGenerating a confirmation message after SQL operation

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share