Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneraldisplay folder / subfolder contentdisplay folder / subfolder content
Previous

Next
New Post
12/30/2015 5:19 PM

Hi,

for a backoffice application, I would like OWS to check and display the content of a folder structure.

There already is a large folder structure with recurring subfolder names on the server. Information, files and images are stored like this:

+chair_01

++pictures: pic1.gif, pic2.gif

++drawings: <empty>

++user manuals: english.pdf, german.pdf

+chair_02

++pictures: <empty>

++drawings: <empty>

++user manuals: english.pdf

+chair_03

++pictures: pic1.gif,

++drawings: acad1.dxf,acad2.dxf,acad3.dxf

++user manuals: english.pdf,german.pdf,french.pdf

To get a grip on all the information, I need to create an interface to overview (and open/organize) all data from within OWS. OWS should basically 'read' the folder structure and (temporarily) store the data in a table. Then it is easy to display nicely for which products there is already documentation on file etc, without expanding lots of folder nodes.

Schematically, the product table for the example above could look like this:

product  pictures  drawings  info 
chair_01  [2] [0] [2] 
chair_02
 [0] [0] [1] 
chair_03
 [1] [3]  [3] 

There is a post from many years ago that suggests to setup and connect to a windows indexing server:

http://www.openwebstudio.com/Community/Forums/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/26717/scope/posts/Default.aspx#26717

I have never used the indexing service before, so I'm not sure if there is an easier way to accomplish what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help & insight!

Ken

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneraldisplay folder / subfolder contentdisplay folder / subfolder content

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share