Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralShare: Login example and Resusable ModuleShare: Login example and Resusable Module
Previous

Next
New Post
4/8/2016 3:06 AM

Morning all,

As a couple of the most recent posts were about sharing hints and tips I thought I would join in by sharing a couple of configurations I have been developing/using over the past few years.

These configurations are by no means complete but they are working on live sites on DNN 6, 7 and 8 but no guarantees are given that they will work 100% for you.

My first configuration is a collection of tasks that manage DNN user accounts including Login, Create User, Change Password, Change Username

Important Note: These do not work if your DNN Password format is set to Hashed in the web.config

This configuration is one that is being changed constantly so there are 2 approaches to passing parameters to each task. The old approach was to set action variables that are used in the task, the new approach is to provide a Json string in a single action variable that is then consumed in the task to extract the required information. 

You can retrieve this configuration at

http://clearviewinternet.co.uk/_owsex...

Note: You do NOT place an OWS module on any page using this configuration. It is meant to be used from other configurations using the Goto Action.

To see it in action download this configuration which shows a basic login box and uses the Login task in the above 

http://clearviewinternet.co.uk/_owsex...

When importing these if you do not Preserve the configuration ID then you will need to refresh the Goto action in the Login to relink it.

If you have suggestions for changes then please let me know. One change I want to make in the Login task is an IP tracking/blocking check. So if someone tries over x times to login from the same IP then that IP will be blocked for an amount of time

Regards

Tony

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralShare: Login example and Resusable ModuleShare: Login example and Resusable Module

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share