Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralTrouble with dnn 9.2Trouble with dnn 9.2
Previous

Next
New Post
5/3/2018 5:44 AM

Hi All,

Just being doing some research and it seems 9.2 has broke some other third party extensions, not just OWS.

Apparently the DNN team have removed over 500 deprecated APIs in 9.2. 

There have also been a number of other changes including updating jquery to 3.2.1

More information can be found here

http://www.dnnsoftware.com/community-blog/cid/155511/dnn-92-upgrade-what-you-need-to-know

Tony

New Post
5/7/2018 11:01 AM

Just received this back from Kevin.

"I'm actively in the process of updating this for a client on the latest DNN version, I'll be posting up the change once it is complete."
We can live another upgrade.
New Post
5/8/2018 6:10 PM

My free time is very limited these days, which unfortunately has been the case for many years since I departed from R2I. But I know how much everyone uses the module, and how many configurations are out there for it, so I'm doing my best to get this out the door for you guys. I'm actively working on getting this updated, there are numerous changes which affect the core logic of the platform because it was meant to be entirely backward compatible. Frustratingly, the corp decided to ignore that fact when they deprecated functionality. The changes that were applied hopefully will not remove any of the functionality of the original module. At present to short circuit the development, I will more than likely release a build specifically for 9.2 onward. This doesn't mean that old OWS configs won't work, it just means that you would need to upgrade OWS when you upgrade beyond 9.1.X.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
5/9/2018 1:02 AM

Oh you beauty!

Thank you so much for this Kevin, my comfort zone is being restored :)

Can I contact you for potential paid updates/development (eg reading tab-delimited files) and if so, how best to get in touch?

New Post
5/9/2018 6:59 AM

Sure, the best way to reach me is ows at buildanuke.com. 

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreGeneralGeneralTrouble with dnn 9.2Trouble with dnn 9.2

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share