Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreSamples and oth...Samples and oth...Filtering Filtering
Previous

Next
New Post
1/1/2009 10:10 AM

I'm still confused about the basics, so please pardon my question if it is answered somewhere else?

Is there somewhere I see how to use filtering?  I see some comments in the wiki, but when I try to implement them as I think they should be nothing happeans.  It looks like output should be in [FilterTags].

Also, what does alphabetic filter do?  In particular, what column is it applied to?

Tom

New Post
2/24/2009 8:57 PM

I have the same question about filtering.  I tried the filter action, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  I've used the filter tag, but I can't seem to connect a form input field with the filter tag so that I can chage the where clause by changing the data in a form field.  This product seems very promising, but it's not worth anything, if there is no good doeumentation or examples on how to use it !!!!

New Post
6/18/2013 1:33 PM

There is very little documentation regarding the Filters and Filtering in general..... It is understood that you would incorporate into the SQL statement as (select [column] from [table] where [FILTERTAG]) but doing seems to just break the statement. Also, there was talk of a tutorial video regarding Filtering, but that was years ago. Have there been any updates on this topic?
New Post
6/19/2013 12:02 PM

Hope you don't find this too general an answer but the I think the fastest way to get up to speed with OWS is to get a subscription to dnncreative to http://www.dnncreative.com/Tutorials/.... It isn't free (and I am not linked to the company in any way!) but it will take you from the basics through to quite advanced use of OWS. The listed tutorials are only the starter set. I don't know many users who use the standard Filter Action but the tutorials will show you how to use different user interface elements such as dropdown boxes to filter your data using Form variables, Assignment to session variables and Action variables.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreSamples and oth...Samples and oth...Filtering Filtering

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share