I did simple example of a DNN login using OWS for the community to have a play with. I have tried to make it as easy as possible for everyone to understand by including comments explaining how evertyhing works.
This has been tested with OWS 2.1.10 & DNN 4.9.4.
You will need to:
1. Modify the "Forgot Password" link to point to your forgot password page.
2. Modify the "Register" link to point to your user registration page.
3. Modify the logged in "User Name" link to point to your user profiles page (normally the same page as the user registration page).
DOWNLOAD IT HERE
R2I / KEVIN: Can you please look into the follow issues:
1. If you try to login using the admin or host account that use the default DNN passwords (dnnadmin / dnnhost) it displays a "bad password" error, but it you refresh the page you are actually logged in.
2. [UserInfo.Membership.Password] always returns a blank value.
Maybe I'm not doing it correctly but if we can get these little issues sorted out then I will do an advanced version for the community that includes a custom forgot password form & custom user registration form ;)