Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreBuild ChangesBuild ChangesFile Formatter - Added in 2.1.4File Formatter - Added in 2.1.4
Previous

Next
New Post
11/5/2008 7:12 PM

[KMS] 11/05/08 - Restructure of the Plugin Architecture, correction to PADLEFT, PADRIGHT, TABNAME and TABID Formatter bugs
[KMS] 11/05/08 - Extension of SORT token to support two additional parameters -  query values and target object id
[KMS] 11/05/08 - Addition of the following formatters:
            {file} - returns the text value of the file
            {file.folder} - returns a True when the path is a folder
            {file.version} - returns the full version number of the file
            {file.version.major} - returns the major version of the file
            {file.version.minor} - returns the minor version of the file
            {file.version.build} - returns the build version of the file
            {file.version.revision} - returns the revision of the file
            {file.version.product} - returns the full product version number of the file
            {file.version.product.major} - returns the major product version of the file
            {file.version.product.minor} - returns the minor product version of the file
            {file.version.product.build} - returns the build product version of the file
            {file.version.product.revision} - returns the product revision of the file
            {file.version.product.name} - returns the associated name of the product
            {file.version.name} - returns the internal name of the file
            {file.version.comments} - returns the file comments
            {file.version.company} - returns the file company
            {file.image} - returns a True when the path is an image, otherwise False
            {file.image.width} - returns the width of the image in pixels
            {file.image.height} - returns the height of the image in pixels
            {file.image.rawformat} - returns the raw format of the image
            {file.image.horizontalresolution} - returns the horizontal resolution of the image
            {file.image.verticalresolution} - returns the vertical resolution of the image
            {file.image.dimensions} - returns the width and height of the image delimited by an x
            {file.exists} - returns True when the file or path exists, otherwise false.
            {file.path} - returns the directory path of the file
            {file.name} - returns the full file name of the path
            {file.nameonly} - returns on the file name portion of the path, no extension.
            {file.extension} - returns the extension portion of the path
            {file.bytes} - returns a UTF32 encoded string representation of the byte data of the path
            {file.length} - returns the length of the file
            {file.size} - returns the length of the file
            {file.created} - returns the creation date of the file
            {file.updated} - returns the last write date of the file
            {file.accessed} - returns the last access date of the file

NOTE: if you are upgrading from 2.1.3 or earlier to 2.1.4. After upgrade, you will need to add the following line to your openwebstudio.config file to take advantage of the new File Formatters:

With the <formats> node - add the following line:
<run name="file" type="r2i.OWS.Formatters.File, r2i.OWS.Engine" />

To demonstrate the utilization of the formatter, review the attached configuration.

This is a demonstration of the file formatter (and directory search):

To use this configuration, simply add the RootPath and Filter tokens to the url as querystring parameters:
Example:
http://4.9.0.r2integrated.com/default.aspx?RootPath=~/bin&Filter=*.dll

This would list all the DLL's in the bin directory, yielding their version information.

Example:
http://4.9.0.r2integrated.com/default.aspx?RootPath=~/images

This would list all the files in the images directory, yielding their dimensions.

If this fails entirely, verify that you have the File formatter defined in your openwebstudion.config file as defined above.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
New Post
5/4/2012 9:50 AM

How do I get the attached configuration file? I don't see it attached anywhere. Thanks.
New Post
9/6/2012 12:33 PM

I have a few things I would like to say about this update.  First, let me say Thank You.  Secondly, Thanks.  And finally, Thank You Sir!

New Post
9/12/2012 7:09 PM

Certainly!

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreBuild ChangesBuild ChangesFile Formatter - Added in 2.1.4File Formatter - Added in 2.1.4

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • 410.327.0007 • info@R2Integrated.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share